Position: Executive Director
Bold, Strategic Leadership
- Engage in a comprehensive strategic planning process aimed at building the Foundation’s capacity to develop programs moving beyond emergency relief to sustainable, systemic positive change for The Bronx.
- Serve as a community leader and spokesperson while partnering with the community and key stakeholders to identify vital community needs and develop and implement initiatives that enhance The Bronx.
- Provide inspirational leadership and direction to the Foundation team; establish effective decision-making processes that will enable the Foundation to achieve its long- and short-term goals and objectives.
- Identify the ideal staffing structure for the Foundation; recruit and retain diverse, talented professionals to fill staff positions.
- Cultivate a strong and transparent working relationship with the Founders and Board, engage them in the grantmaking process and ensure open communication about the measurement of financial, programmatic, and impact performance against stated milestones and goals.
Development & Marketing
- Act as the primary driver in donor cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship, and serve as the “face” of the Foundation.
- Develop and maintain deeply respectful, transparent, and open partner and donor relationships including retaining funding from current donors/funders and developing and attracting new funding to the Foundation.
- Formulate and execute comprehensive marketing, branding and development strategies that will ensure consistency throughout the organization and enhance revenue from all sources, including funding from private foundations; corporate giving; and public sector funding.
- Design and manage the day-to-day operations of the Foundation, including hiring and developing staff, overseeing grants administration, and maintaining compliance as well as contractual obligations.
- Institute and oversee the practices and policies to ensure that funds are allocated properly to reflect present needs and future potential of the Foundation.
- Oversee the financial status of the organization including developing long- and short-range financial plans, monitoring the budget and ensuring sound financial controls are in place; set financial priorities accurately to ensure the organization is operating in a manner that supports the needs of the community, the Foundation, and its staff.
- Collaborate with the Founders and the Board to refine and implement the strategic plan while ensuring that the budget, staff, and priorities are aligned with the Foundation’s core mission and values.
- Build a thoughtful, streamlined, equity informed and community-driven participatory grantmaking process.
- Maintain positive relationships with grantees and serve as an advocate for Bronx-based nonprofit organizations.
- Entrepreneurial, passionate, and visionary leader with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to connect with and build trust with a variety of community stakeholders including Bronx residents, leaders of Bronx-based institutions, funders/donors, elected officials, etc.
- Excellent coalition building skills with an ability to bring people together, achieve consensus and trust to implement identified priorities
- Belief in – and demonstrated commitment to – undoing systemic racism
- Results-oriented with a strategic mindset and outstanding listening and communication abilities, including the ability to make a dynamic case for the Foundation
- Deep commitment, connections to and understanding of the systems impacting The Bronx or similar communities
- Expert level knowledge of housing, health, food security, education, technology and connectivity, equity and justice, and/or economic opportunity
- Successful track record of fundraising and stewarding relationships with funders, board members, and community members
- A financially savvy and politically astute leader with the ability to set clear priorities, delegate, and guide investment in people and systems; keen analytic, organization and problem-solving skills, which support and enable sound decision making
- Knowledgeable on issues and regulations applicable to charitable giving (accounting, legal, investment, etc.)
- Startup, community organizing, and advocacy experience preferred
- Bilingual speaker preferred
If you believe you fit the description please apply here.